Thursday, July 19, 2007

Felt Nudes Progression


My work for the New Hope Sidetracks Gallery is slowly progressing. I will finish with enough time to spend an appropriate amount of energy on the background and framing.

I watched a fantastic documentary on Ansel Adams in my photography class. There is also a series of PBS specials called ART 21 which have some excellent documentaries on modern and contemporary artists. I enjoy these kinds of documentaries and wish they were more widely publicized or less expensive to buy on VHS or DVD.

I am looking forward to next semester's classes already, though I will miss the ones from this semester. I am taking a screenprinting class and hopefully, maybe a cyanotype printing class. I can't imagine my life without classes. I just love learning, there's so much to learn and so much to know and so much to experience. I don't think a day should go by without me having learned at least one thing, and I intend to keep it that way. For me, that's what it's all about, learning, and then sharing what you know with the world in whatever way you know how.

Enough about that, I'm looking forward to more progress on the nudes tomorrow and hopefully some work on the background and hanging mechanism. I am also looking forward to a good hike in the Pines on Saturday, followed by family extravaganzas, and a job interview on Monday.

Enjoy.

No comments: