Monday, August 6, 2007

New Soft Sculpture - They told me it would eat me up...

This is the newest edition to my collection. I am trying to get back into more detailed soft sculptures and take a break from the sweater monsters. I drew an image of this on my wall before my first day of class in the city and have imagined it in plush ever since. Finally, it's here! I am very happy with it and had ALOT of fun making it!

I am moving on to my next one, which I have already made a head of broccoli for...

In the mean time I rekindled my love for Clae Oldenburg and his soft sculptures. I hadn't looked at them in a while but I believe that somewhere they made quite an impression on my little imagination as I was growing up.

1 comment:

Jason Black said...

That's totally amazing. I love your work, maybe one day I'll be able to scrounge up the cash to buy something on etsy!